Transcripts & Records - Methodist College

Transcripts and Records

Confidentiality of Student Records

The Office of the Registrar is the single office for maintaining all permanent, official, and final records of students. Only the Registrar can release student records. Student records are maintained in a fire-protected vault and in electronic computer files. Information on students is released only upon written request of the student and in accordance with federal regulations (FERPA). Transcripts and other student information will not be released if the student has an outstanding financial obligation or other obligation to Methodist College.


A transcript of a student's academic record is kept in electronic files, filed in a permanent record folder, or housed on an archival record medium in the Office of the Registrar. Current and former students in good financial standing with the College may request to have a transcript sent to an individual or organization of their choice. Transcripts will be requested online through Parchment and can be delivered in electronic or paper format. To request a transcript, click on the following link: Transcript Request.

Methodist College supports Public Act 102-0998  The Student Debt Assistance Act and the subsequent amendment, Public Act 103-0054 and does not restrict access to official transcripts for students with a financial hold when the request is made for any of the following purposes:

  1. Pursuant to an application for employment;
  2. Transferring to another institution of higher education;
  3. Pursuant to an application for financial aid where the source of such aid is a state or federal entity or the College itself;
  4. Pursuant to induction into the National Guard or other military service; and/or
  5. Pursuant to other opportunities for post-secondary education.

If you have any questions about requesting a transcript, please email us at

If you have an outstanding financial obligation with the College, please contact the College Bursar at

Release of a Diploma Previously Withheld

Methodist College reserves the right to withhold a graduate's diploma if the graduate has an outstanding financial obligation to the College. Once the outstanding obligation has been resolved, the Office of Registration and Records will release the diploma to the graduate as quickly as feasible. While the Office makes every effort to monitor the account status in any case wherein the diploma was withheld in order to expedite the release, graduates are advised to inform the Office (by emailing upon resolving any outstanding financial obligation so that a current mailing address can be confirmed prior to mailing the diploma.


Methodist College students or alumni who need a copy of a syllabus for a particular course, may submit a request to the Registrar at